Monday, April 13, 2009

Meh

Wake up. OK, time to go.
A coffee, laced with amphetamines,
weed-killers, crop-killers,
money, whip-crack and rape.
A bowl of cornflakes,
concocted with cardboard.
Every flake looks the same
as I ladle them in.
Spoon after spoon.
Slurp after slurp.
I brush off the drips
and I cough
and I burp.

Wake up. OK, time to go.
A quick splash shower
in a grime-ground tub.
Lukewater warm dribbles drip on my head.
I grope for the soap.
A fluorescent nightmare.
Squeezed from the arse of Mr Tesco's
chained-up, holed-up,
radioactive soap monster.
I brush off. Towel down.

Wake up. OK, time to go.
A fat man gets on the bus before me.
Coin slinks in the coin slot.
He's so fat, I don't know why.
I stare at his fatness
for a little look longer.
Read the rag.
Glance at the fat man.
Think about the receptionist.
Think about the secretary.
Get off the motor.
Revolving work doors.
Spinning. Loping. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment