Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A little bit simpler

Staying out in the Borders is exactly what I needed. A break from the media.
Although I have the opportunity to use computers in the library etc, it is a breath of fresh air (sometimes literally) to be living in a room with no screen in it.
At home, I find that my computer is a constant distraction - and one I don't even enjoy that much. I find I'm a lot happier reading a book or writing than staring at a monitor, the latter giving me the occasional (loud) laugh, but aside from that, I think it boils down to this: internet addiction.

I don't think it's that bad that it's causing my life to deteriorate, but I'm sure a lot of you others could sympathise with me that it's so easy to check your emails, facebook, amazon etc. nowadays that there seems to be no reason not to.

So, aside from moving to a different house with no computer - can anyone reccommend any procrastination-beating tips? I try switching my computer off, but as soon as I need to look something up on google, I end up reading Wikipedia for half an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment