Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Yeah, you love it

I got something special for Christmas.
It's a sweater vest.

Call it what you like: sweater vest, tank top, woolen drape with no arms. Whatever. The point is, it's very very cool. And it's green. And recently, ever since I've been wearing it, I've noticed something interesting. I look out for other people wearing them.

In fact, this doesn't just cover sweater vests. It covers the whole genre of sweaters. Patterned Cosbyesque jumpers, eye-catching V-necks, or even the subtler, thinner models of today's generation. They're all good, and I respect their wearers even more now. Just today I was walking through the Meadows, and I saw a guy, he must have been in his 50s, strolling across the street with a great, verdant green sweater on. I had to contain myself against running up to him and shaking his hand, having an intellectual conversation about newspapers or, dare I even say it, hugging him.

Perhaps this is a manifestation of my heightened maturity ever since recognising the epitomy of style. Or perhaps this is a sociological demonstration of looking out for one's brothers. Whatever it is, I know what it means: look out Edinburgh, the sweater vest is here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment