Saturday, January 17, 2009

Music. Again.

So, I just watched High Fidelity. Again. I love that film to bits, and reccommend anyone who likes music, comedy, John Cusack, Jack Black or pretentiousness to watch it. It really is great. For those of you who haven't seen it, the film revolves around the main character (Cusack) revisiting his past girlfriends to work out why his current relationship is failing. Cusack's character runs an indie record shop, and his life centres heavily on not only his encyclopaedic knowledge of music, but also his mahoooosive record collection. And this is where I go on a tangent.

This film, whenever I watch it, always makes me want to buy vinyl. And this time, I think I'll do it. I'll keep the CDs that I really really like, sell the rest, and start buying records. My rationale? CDs are essentially defunct for me, and a lot of other people. What happens when I buy a CD? I rip it to my computer, sync it to my iPod, then put the CD on a shelf. And when I want to listen to that CD on a speaker system, I play it through my computer, or plug it into speakers in the lounge that can connect with iPods. CDs are going to go very soon. In fact, so is all analogue media. You might as well just throw out all your clothes. Soon we'll all be wearing glasses that paints clothes onto other people's naked bodies so we don't have to see their nakedness, as opposed to the other way around, as it is currently.

You dig? You dig.

No comments:

Post a Comment